In January this year I posted my makeup travel favorites that I used (and bought) during my 3 month stay in California. That became a post with a good number of views and I loved making the photos and writing about my makeup favorites! So today I would like to show you my makeup storage at home + my updated favorites!
My love for beauty products began during my first fashion shoots. I can watch the makeup artist doing her thing for hours. During all my photo shoots I go watch the makeup stash of the makeup artist and most of the times I ask her questions about certain products or techniques. Or I just look and see how she applies all these beautiful products to the model and transform her from a normal girl to a beautiful and strong woman. I was always very impressed by the power of makeup and I started watching beauty videos on youtube and following beauty blogs like Nikkie Tutorials, Vera Camilla, I Covet Thee, Tanya Burr, Fleur de Force and many more. I improved my techniques and felt in love with new products and brands.
Since a few years I use the Ikea Malm drawer unit with a build-in mirror. The upper 3 drawers I use for makeup and hair products and my jewelry. Since a few weeks I wanted to create more space for my beauty products and I discovered a budget proof wall unit at Jysk. Perfect for a small room! In the three white drawers I store my products that are new or that or not used that often. In plastic drawers I store my most used and favorite products like blushes, highlighters and eyebrow powders. In the other plastic makeup storage at the right side you can find my other daily favorites like foundations, concealers, mascara, lipsticks and liquid lipsticks. As a makeup lover I prefer to see my products instead to hide them all in a bag or drawer :) On top there are some skin care products from Kiehl’s and eyeshadow palettes from Kat von D and Max Factor. Underneath the wall unit I store my makeup brushes and other skin care products, fixing spray and primers.
I’m also interested in skin care and I love reading about this. My three favorite books are:
1. The Original Beauty Bible – Paula Begoun
2. Makeup Manual – Bobbi Brown
3. Dr. Jetske’s Huidboek – Jetske Ultee
My perfumes, hair and body products and other tools are showcased on top of the Ikea Malm drawer unit.
My list of favorites!
Okay, let’s have a closer look to the products! I divided them in categories to create a better overview.
Base / Primer / Fixing
– Nivea Aftershave Balm Sensitive – the best makeup primer! Thanks Nikkie for the tip.
– Etos Makeup Fixing Spray – to set my makeup to make sure it will last all day.
– Etos Eyeshadow Base (not in the photo) – to make the eyeshadow look more intense.
– Milani Conceal + Perfect – natural effect but medium to full coverage.
– MAC Mineralize Moisture – for a glowy skin.
– LA Girl Pro Conceal – medium coverage for imperfections or for dark circles the under eye.
– MAC Pro Longwear – the BEST! Everything bad will disappear.
– Anastasia Concealer – high coverage to camouflage imperfections.
– Bourjois Radiance Reveal – love this one for under the eye to look like you just had a 10 hour sleep!
– W7 Banana Dreams – love this powder for mattifying the skin.
– Dior Diorskin Nude Compact – soft and natural effect after applying my foundation, bye bye shiny T-zone!
– Revolution Vivid Baked Blusher (Make Love Instead) – sweet pink color, great for everyday looks.
– Milani Baked Blush (Luminoso) – beautiful peachy color with high pigmentation.
– Elis Faas Blush (S301) – liquid blush for an instant fresh look.
Contour / bronzer
– Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer – I using this one everyday for contouring!
– Etos Bronzer – a good bronzer with pink, light brown and darker brown for a sun-kissed glow.
– Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat – love this high end product to use as a highlighter under my eyes!
– The Balm Mary Lou Manizer – amazing highlighter for a natural result.
– Sleek Highlight Palette (Solstice) – 4 amazing highlighters, 3 powders and 1 cream highlighter.
– Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color – White highlighter for an intense effect.
– MAC Mineralize Skinfinish (Soft & Gentle) – All time favorite!
– MAC Paint Pot (Groundwork) – Matte brown color, perfect to use as a eyeshadow base.
– MAC Paint Pot (Indianwood) – pretty bronze color, great to use on it’s own for a simple everyday look.
– Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette – felt in love with this palette in Los Angeles, all colors are matte!
– Urban Decay Naked Basics – basic palette, great for traveling and amazing pigmentation.
– Max Factor Masterpiece Nude (Golden Nudes) – matte, shimmer and sparkly golden tones to shape the eyes.
– Max Factor Masterpiece Nude (Cappuccino Nudes) – I like the combination of pink and brown tones.
– Maybelline Master Ink Matte – perfect for a sharp wing!
– Maybelline MasterPrecise Curvy – easy to use!
– Max Factor Masterpiece Transform Mascara – love this mascara for the under lashes.
– Essence I love Extreme Mascara – crazy volume and length for the upper lashes!
Lip balm / Lipstick / Lip pencil
– Rosebud Salve – the BEST lip balm ever, discovered in Los Angeles and felt in love.
– Estee Lauder Color Envy Lip Potion (Wicked Sweet) – beautiful intense pink color and good formula.
– Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte (1) – light pink color, very natural and soft.
– NYX Lingerie (Bedtime Flirt) – liquid matte lipstick, mauve pink color.
– MAC Lipstick (Faux) – ‘my lips but better’ color.
– MAC Lip Pencil (Soar) – natural but beautiful effect.
– MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil (Staunchly Sylish) – great underneath lipstick or to use on it’s own.
– Elena Badro – eyeshadow brush for small aplications.
– Sigma E45 – eyeshadow brush for the crease.
– Sigma E21 – eyeshadow brush for under the eye.
– MAC 217 – eyeshadow brush for bleding.
– MAC 239 – eyeshadow brush for the eyelid.
– Anastasia Eyebrow Duo Brush – favorite eyebrow brush for shaping.
– MAC 109 – to apply highlighter
– Innovation Beauty – for foundation or shaping.
– Real Techniques Shaping Brush – for shaping with powder.
– Sigma F30 – for powder application.
– Sigma F40 – to apply blush in a natural way.
– Paula’s Choice Exfoliant 2% BHA Gel – to exfoliate my skin during the night.
– Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream – very light moisturizer for everyday use.
– Kielh’s Ultra Facial Cleanser – gentle liquid formula to remove makeup and dirt from my skin every evening.
– Lush Breath Of Fresh Air – toner to clean my face every morning.
– Clarisonic Mia 2 – the best face cleaning brush!
– Redken Pillow Proof – dry shampoo with a great smell and good result!
– Redken Blonde Idol – BBB spray for my hair to protect it, great smell.
– Balmain Silver Spray – to make sure my blonde hair stays ash blonde instead of yellow blonde.
– Moroccanoil Light – for the end of my hair to stay soft and shiny.
– Redken Fabricate 03 – to protect my hair against heat from hairstyling tools.
– Redken Rootful 06 (not in the photo) – my favorite root lifting spray to get volume!
What are your favorite beauty products? And what products do we have in common?